- Boosting Traffic & Sales: Why Invest in an Indian SEO Expert for Your Business
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
More cooler bus stops for city passengers
With good response from passengers, the APSRTC, Visakhapatnam Regional Office, has planned to construct more Air-Conditioned bus stops at important locations in the city.
Visakhapatnam: With good response from passengers, the APSRTC, Visakhapatnam Regional Office, has planned to construct more Air-Conditioned bus stops at important locations in the city. The Visakhapatnam Regional Office in association with the CMR Group and GVMC has constructed Air-Conditioned bus stop at RTC complex, the first of its kind in the city, recently. The CMR Group as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility activities funded the Air-Conditioned bus stop.
As a pilot project, the Visakhapatnam Regional Office has requested the CMR Group to construct Air-Conditioned bus stop. The CMR group has taken up the project and constructed it in the GVMC land with a capacity of 30 members. One LED TV, cool water point, FM Radio and mobile charging points were also arranged in the bus stop besides deploying security guards.
There are thousands of passengers coming to the bus stop every day. With the scorching summer, the commuters are taking a brief rest in the cool bus stops till their bus comes. The commuters are thanking the RTC and CMR Group on the arrangement of the Air-Conditioned bus stop.
"Yes, I never expected that the RTC will construct this type of bus stops. This is a very good facility at free of cost. The bus timings also displayed on the LED screen is very useful. This type of bus stops will put the port city on international map," said a regular commuter and an engineering student Ch Kalpana said.
"This is the first Air-Conditioned bus stop in the State. We are planning and discussing with the sponsors to construct the similar bus stops at all the important prime locations including Gajuwaka, NAD Junction and Maddilapalem," said In-Charge Regional Manager, RTC Visakhapatnam Region B Appalanaidu to The Hans India.