- Nellore TDP leader conducts Babu Surety Bhavishyat ki guarantee program at ABM Compound
- ‘Vijay Sankalpa Yatra’ getting T people's support: Dr Laxman
- BS Maqbool participate in Volunteer Vandanam in kadiri
- Narsapuram MP Raghurama Krishnam Raju Resigns from YCP
- Visakhapatnam: A 80-KW solar plant facilitated at Ghosha Hospital
- Taneti Vanitha all praise for CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- TDP-Jana Sena to announce the first list of candidates today
- Visakhapatnam: Catering manager course for Armed Forces
- Vizianagaram: Awareness created among tribals on EVMs
- Visakhapatnam Port to develop East Quay-6
NSS volunteers of IIIT organise road safety awareness programme
National Service Scheme (NSS) volunteers of the Indian Institute of Information Technology-Sri City (IIIT-S) conducted a road safety rally at Gnan Marg Circle on the Express Way at Sri City.
Tirupati: National Service Scheme (NSS) volunteers of the Indian Institute of Information Technology-Sri City (IIIT-S) conducted a road safety rally at Gnan Marg Circle on the Express Way at Sri City. Prof G Kannabiran, Director, IIIT-S inaugurated the rally and stressed on the need to give priority to road safety and educate people in this regard.
Focus has to be given on issues like drunk driving, negligent and rash driving, etc., The main cause for loss of life is the fast and furious driving by the people, he said. The road accidents can be prevented if riders strictly adhere to the traffic rules, he added.
The aim of conducting the rally was to create awareness among the public about road safety and highlight the importance of use of helmet and seat belt. The students appealed all the road users to strictly follow the traffic rules to avert accidents.