- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Polling percentage is expected to increase in repolling in Guntur district
A large number of voters standing in the queue at the polling booth 244 at Nallacheruvu in Guntur west Assembly constituency in Guntur city and polling booth no: 94 in the Narasaraopet Assembly constituency of Guntur district on Monday.
Guntur : A large number of voters standing in the queue at the polling booth 244 at Nallacheruvu in Guntur west Assembly constituency in Guntur city and polling booth no: 94 in the Narasaraopet Assembly constituency of Guntur district on Monday. Following objections raised by the political parties,the Election Commission of India ordered for repolling in two poling booth. The district administration has made elaborate arrangements for repolling. District collector Kona Sasidhar, Guntur urban S.P.Ch.Vijaya Rao visited the polling booth no:244 in Guntur city. The officials set up air coolers, and set up pandals and barricades for men and women. They are distributing drinking water packets and butter milk packets to the voters in the polling booth due to summer.
TDP candidate for Guntur Parliament constituency Galla Jayadev who visited the polling booth no:244, at Nallacheruvu in Guntur city expressed confidence that the district officials have made all the arrangements. He said voting process is gong on peacefully and expressed confidence that TDP will come back to power in the state.
JanaSena Guntur M.P.candidate Bonaboina Srinivas Yadav said that voters are seeking change in the state and expressed confidence that Jana Sena will come to power in the state.
Meanwhile, at booth no: 94 in Narasaraopet Assembly constituency, serpentine queues were seen. Women and along with their kids came to polling booth an exercised their franchise.