- Sharp acceleration in disruptive forces likely across sectors, including two-wheelers, IT services
- Self-Injury Awareness Day 2024: Learn the Signs, Offer Support, Save Lives
- Dublin-based Medtronic Establishes R&D Growth Centre in Hyderabad
- Defence Ministry inks MoUs worth Rs 39,125cr to procure military equipment
- Green's ton vindicates selectors' decision to stick him in at no. 4: Hockley
- Foundation stone of Sindri fertiliser plant was laid in 2018, PM Modi inaugurated today
- Appeal to all not to create cult of violence: Kerala Guv after meeting dead student's family
- ED discussing with CBI, NIA ways to get Shahjahan in central agency custody: Sources
- Savouring Goodness: SpiceJet's in-flight hot-spicy-healthy cuisine with a noble cause
- Blast in Bengaluru cafe, five injured
Similarities between two senior leaders
Former Ministers Dr. G Kuthuhalamma (G.D.Nellore ) and G Arunakumari ( Chandragiri ), senior politicians in the district have served Congress Party for four decades in different capacities.
Chittoor: Former Ministers Dr. G Kuthuhalamma (G.D.Nellore ) and G Arunakumari ( Chandragiri ), senior politicians in the district have served Congress Party for four decades in different capacities. Both have been elected as legislators from their Assembly constituencies for four times on Congress Party ticket.
Both have worked as Cabinet Ministers. After bifurcation of the state, both have defected to TDP and unsuccessfully contested in 2014 general elections from Chandragiri and G D Nellore respectively. Both were defeated by YSRCP candidates K Narayana Swamy and C Bhaskara Reddy respectively.
In the just concluded elections Dr. Kuthuhalamma fielded her son Dr Harikrishna as TDP nominee for G D Nellore Assembly seat and G Arunakumari fielded her son G Jayadev as TDP nominee for Guntur MP seat.