- Benefits of input costs that lifted earnings despite muted revenue largely over
- Insta's algorithm offers child-sexualising reels to followers of teen influencers: Report
- Domestic equities positive after S&P raises India’s forecast
- Goa court summons Arvind Kejriwal in poll code violation case
- Maternal discrimination may affect baby’s brain development: Study
- J-K: Udhampur girl writes to PM Modi, urges him to build better roads to school
- AWS Unveils Generative AI-Powered Transcription Platform
- LG flags off Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra in Delhi
- IFFI 2023: Golden Peacock Award nomination a proud moment for ‘Kantara’ team, says Rishab Shetty
- Kerala High Court initiates contempt case against 29 lawyers for misbehaving with woman Magistrate
Pooja Hegde picks 'role with substance'
Close on the heels of receiving critical acclaim for her performance as village belle in ‘Gaddalakonda Ganesh,’ pretty actress Pooja Hegde has signed another ‘meaty’ role opposite Akhil Akkineni in Geeta Arts upcoming movie.
Close on the heels of receiving critical acclaim for her performance as village belle in 'Gaddalakonda Ganesh,' pretty actress Pooja Hegde has signed another 'meaty' role opposite Akhil Akkineni in Geeta Arts upcoming movie.
"She was impressed with the well-defined role which has scope for good performance and gave her nod to director Bhaskar," says a source, close to the actress.
The actress who began her T-town stint with glam-centric roles in movies like 'Mukunda' and 'DJ' has been getting roles that would enable her to showcase her acting chops these days.
After duds like 'Sakshyam', the actress redeemed herself with blockbusters like 'Aravinda Sametha…' and 'Maharshi' and now, 'Gaddalakonda Ganesh' drawing sensational openings to regain her position.
"She is in a happy space and enjoying the box office success of her movies. She is getting plum offers but she has become bit choosy," the source points out.
Nonethless, she is listening to scripts and could sign a few films once she is impressed with the role. She has been dabbling with Hindi and Telugu movies to strike a balance of sorts.
"Telugu movies remain close to her heart, while Hindi movies expand her brand equity across India," the source points out.
In fact, Pooja has left behind her B-town rival Kiara Advani and racing to the top slot in T-town.