3-year old boy in coma after torture by mother: Kochi police
Kerala Health Minister K K Shailaja said the government would bear all expenses of the child's treatment.
Kochi: A three-year-old boy was allegedly tortured by his mother and underwent a surgery with his condition stated to be critical, police said here Thursday. The father took the boy to the hospital Wednesday saying he had injured himself by falling off a desk, but it looked liked he was beaten by a wooden object, besides there were burn injuries on the body, they added.
The parents have been taken into custody and charged under various sections of the IPC and Juvenile Justice Act, they said.
The police here have contacted Jharkhand police to get details about the child's family and also to find out whether his father and mother were his biological parents, the police said.
The child's right side of the brain has been fully damaged and a surgery performed, a hospital source said. There was internal bleeding which has been stopped, and the child was in a comatose state and currently on ventilator support, the source said.
Meanwhile, Kerala Health Minister K K Shailaja said the government would bear all expenses of the child's treatment.
- Exit polls indicate Congress issues of corruption, welfare may not have clicked
- Amit Shah to host dinner for NDA leaders 2 days prior to Lok Sabha results
- Refuting Congress claims, Army top official says 1st surgical strike was in Sept 2016
- We are winning, exit poll results are wrong: Tejashwi Yadav
- Explosion of chemical container at the house of RR Nagar MLA