- WhatsApp Update: WhatsApp to Add Custom Chat Filter and Privacy Feature
- Visakhapatnam: PM Narendra Modi to visit vizag on march 1
- Wanted: Biometric system to rein in Late Lateefs in RTOs
- SHE Teams crack down on indecent acts in public
- UoH announces deadline for online programmes
- Visakhapatnam: NTPC to install FGD by year-end
- UoH organises public outreach programme on climate change
- MANUU part-time PhD programmes last date extended
- Medaram Tribal Fair Draws Record Devotees, deities will be taken back to forest abode
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam slashes, check the rates on 24 February, 2024
Amit Shah to inaugurate steel plant in Maoist-infested Gadchiroli on Dec 9
Home Minister Amit Shah will pay a two-day visit to Maharashtra where he is scheduled to inaugurate a steel project in Gadchiroli and the state’s biggest job fair in Nagpur on December 9, officials said on Wednesday.
Nagpur (Maharashtra): Home Minister Amit Shah will pay a two-day visit to Maharashtra where he is scheduled to inaugurate a steel project in Gadchiroli and the state’s biggest job fair in Nagpur on December 9, officials said on Wednesday.
Reaching here late on Friday, Shah will fly down to Gadchiroli the next morning to inaugurate a direct reduced iron plan of Lloyds Metals & Energy Ltd, which will be the first big project coming up in the Maoist hinterland.
He is also likely to perform the ground-breaking ceremony of other LMEL projects as part of the company’s Rs 20,000-crore integrated steel manufacturing unit in Kondseri on a 1000-acre complex.
The LMEL plans to set up units to make cold and hot rolled steel pellets, a slurry pipeline network to transport iron ore from its mines around 100 kms away, build a hospital and set up a garment training institute which is intended to boost the Gadchiroli economy.
Later in the day, Shah will inaugurate a Job Fair at the Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University campus where over 300 companies are expected to give more than 21,000 jobs to youth in different sectors, officials said.
Tight security arrangements are being made for Shah’s visit which is coinciding with the Winter Session of Maharashtra Legislature starting here from December 7.