Congrats Mr PM. Excellent press meet : Rahul mocks Modi on his first press meet

Congrats Mr PM. Excellent press meet : Rahul mocks Modi on his first press meet
Highlights

Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Friday took a dig at Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first press conference in in five years.

New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Friday took a dig at Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first press conference in in five years.

Gandhi congratulated Modi and said in his tweet: "Congratulations Modi Ji. Excellent Press Conference! Showing up is half the battle."

However, the appreciation ended there, itself as Gandhi took a pot shot at Modi for not taking questions in the conference and largely speaking about himself in the press meet. The questions asked to Modi were answered by Shah in the conference.

"Next time Mr Shah may even allow you to answer a couple of questions. Well done!" said Gandhi sarcastically, in his tweet.

Rahul Gandhi, who held a parallel press conference at the time Modi and Shah were meeting reporters, repeatedly urged Modi to debate him on several issues.

"Prime Minister holds a press conference just 4-5 days before the election ends. Unprecedented, Prime Minister of India is holding a press conference for the first time," he said mockingly.

"Why did Modi not accept my challenge for a debate on the Rafale issue?" Rahul Gandhi asked at the press conference.

"Our strategy for the last two years was to systematically close every door to stop Modi from escaping.

We closed 90% of the doors, and he helped us close the remaining 10% by abusing people."

He claimed that the EC was biased in favour of the ruling party. "The entire schedule has been in Modi's favour and the people of the country understand this," he said.

"Narendra Modi and the BJP have unlimited money and unlimited marketing. A lot more than us. The ratio I think would be 1:20.

We only have the truth and the truth will win," Gandhi said, adding that the Congress had exposed the government's failures.

Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, accompanied by BJP president Amit Shah addressed his first-ever press conference in the last 5 years.

The rare interaction of the Prime Minister with the reporters came on the last day of election campaigning for the final phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
More Stories


Top