- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Delhi University: Special committee set up for admission-related issues
A committee has been constituted for redressal of complaints regarding admission of students in colleges affiliated to the Delhi University, officials said on Friday.
New Delhi: A committee has been constituted for redressal of complaints regarding admission of students in colleges affiliated to the Delhi University, officials said on Friday.
The admission process for the under-graduate as well as the post-graduate courses in the Delhi University would be starting from October.
Keeping this in mind, the Admission Committee of the student organisation CYSS has been formed in which senior professors and students of the Delhi University have been included.
Chandramani Dev, president of student organisation CYSS, said that the students can send complaints regarding admission related problems through WhatsApp, and also raise them over telephone.
Several phone numbers have been published on which admission related issues and problems can be discussed.
Some of the numbers that have been listed are that of Prof Hansraj Suman -- 9717114595; Prof Sangeeta Mittal -- 9717586587; Sonu Chaudhary -- 9905052529; Dhruv Gehlot -- 8076378293; Ravi Pandey -- 93195 49110; Sandeep Yadav --7982941393 etc.
The students can also share and mention their problems on e-mail.
Besides, the students can also raise their concerns on a WhatsApp number -- 8588833485.
Hansraj Suman, president of Delhi Teachers Association has said that the students should complete their admission formalities from home.
"By staying at home, the students can fill the admission form... in case there is any problem, then they can get information on the given phone numbers or through WhatsApp," he said.
"If the students face any problem related to to any certificate or caste certificate, or if any kind of error happens during admission, they should first contact the college and if their problem is not resolved then they can contact on the given numbers," he added.
The professors who have been included in this special committee have been in the Delhi University's Central Admission Committee, Grievance Committee, SC, ST Admission Committee, SC, ST Cell Admission Committee, Admission Grievance Committee etc. for the last three decades.