- Polls will be held in Oct this year, says Pak Defence Minister Khawaja Asif
- WTC Final: One-off finale is like a World Cup final, for a Test match, says Ricky Ponting
- Official: This is when ‘Tillu Square’ is hitting theatres
- MG Motor India and LOHUM Collaborate for ‘Second Life’ EV Battery Solution
- Environment Day observed at UoH
- Kerala High Court quashes POCSO case against mother for posting video of kids painting on her body
- Nearly 4K people lost their jobs in US due to AI in May: Report
- Android 14 may include advanced memory protection feature
- Delhi BJP accuses Kejriwal of 'insulting' national anthem
- Karnataka Budget to be tabled on July 7, says CM Siddaramaiah, as all eyes set to watch allocations for 'guarantees'
No meat sales tomorrow says Krishna District Collector B Lakshmikantham
Krishna District Collector B Lakshmikantham has ordered closure of all slaughter houses and stoppage of meat sales on September 13, on the occasion of Samvartsari Parv, an auspicious day of Jain community
Vijayawada: Krishna District Collector B Lakshmikantham has ordered closure of all slaughter houses and stoppage of meat sales on September 13, on the occasion of Samvartsari Parv, an auspicious day of Jain community.
Jain seer Ajit Sekhar Surisswarji announced this at a programme organised by ‘Sri Sambhavnath Jain Swetamber Murti Pujak Sangh’ and ‘Sri Sambhavnath Rajendra Jain Swetamber Trust’ in One-Town here on Tuesday.
Addressing the gathering, Ajit Sekhar Surisswarji said that the main principle of Jain community was ‘Live and Let Live’ and follow Ahimsa.
Samvartsari Parv is very auspicious and they will keep all living beings happy and should not harm them.
The Jain community people from across Vijayawada participated in programme, which includes Jain Samaj presidents Sukhraj, Mohan, secretaries Pannalal, Suresh and PR Manoj Kothari.