- Microsoft creates AI-Powered ‘Deep Search’ feature for Bing
- Made in India: iPhone 16 Batteries to Shift Production Away from China
- Visakhapatnam: A person dies in a road accident
- Vijayawada: Focus on restoring normalcy says CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Messenger Goes Secure: End-to-End Encryption Finally Default
- Kurnool: Lokayukta plays key role in doing justice to victims’ kin
- Pawan Kalyan to attend a public meeting
- Unlock Google's New AI: How to Access Gemini in Bard
- ‘Hi Nanna’ review: Emotional roller-coaster
- Tirupati: Ambedkar’s contributions to society unmatchable
APSRTC union issues strike notice
APSRTC recognised Union the Employees Union EU decided to go on strike at any time after January 13, 2019 The EU is alleging that the government had failed to concede to the demands of the employees and there was no progress in spite of five round of talks held between the RTC management and the trade unions
Vijayawada: APSRTC recognised Union the Employees Union (EU) decided to go on strike at any time after January 13, 2019. The EU is alleging that the government had failed to concede to the demands of the employees and there was no progress in spite of five round of talks held between the RTC management and the trade unions.
EU president Y V Rao and general secretary P Damodara Rao issued the strike notice papers to the RTC chairman Varla Ramaiah and vice-chairman and managing director N V Surendra Babu on Monday. The Employees Union has decided to hold a meeting in Vijayawada on January 4 with other Unions to form JAC to begin the strike in case further talks fail.
In a statement, the EU said other trade unions are also expressing willingness to join the strike if the government and the RTC management failed to concede to their demands. The EU leaders said the RTC management was delaying the pay revision and not responding to the main demand of 50 percent fitment.
The EU said the Union so far held discussions with the RTC management five times but in vain and claimed it has right to begin strike at any time after January 13 as the strike notice issued on Monday. If the trade unions go for strike, lakhs of passengers will suffer in the festival season.