Suzuki to start testing EV prototype in India from October - chairman
Japanss Suzuki Motor Corp will start testing prototypes of electric vehicles in India by October, its chairman said on Friday
NEW DELHI: Japans’s Suzuki Motor Corp will start testing prototypes of electric vehicles in India by October, its chairman said on Friday.
“We will start road-running tests using a fleet of 50 EV prototype vehicles in India from next month in order to develop safe and easy-to-use EVs for Indian customers,” Osamu Suzuki said at the Global Mobility Summit at New Delhi.
The parent of India’s top-selling automaker, Maruti Suzuki Ltd, would start production of lithium-ion batteries for automobiles at its plant in western India from 2020, he said.
The company would launch EVs in India around 2020 in cooperation with Toyota Motor Corp, he added.
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow
- Odisha governor invites Patnaik to form government after he stakes claim
- 2 held in Dabholkar murder case sent to CBI custody till Jun 1
- Swaraj seeks report over visa denial to German Padma Shri awardee