Suzuki to start testing EV prototype in India from October - chairman
Japanss Suzuki Motor Corp will start testing prototypes of electric vehicles in India by October, its chairman said on Friday
NEW DELHI: Japans’s Suzuki Motor Corp will start testing prototypes of electric vehicles in India by October, its chairman said on Friday.
“We will start road-running tests using a fleet of 50 EV prototype vehicles in India from next month in order to develop safe and easy-to-use EVs for Indian customers,” Osamu Suzuki said at the Global Mobility Summit at New Delhi.
The parent of India’s top-selling automaker, Maruti Suzuki Ltd, would start production of lithium-ion batteries for automobiles at its plant in western India from 2020, he said.
The company would launch EVs in India around 2020 in cooperation with Toyota Motor Corp, he added.
- Rahul Gandhi's Interaction With Students of Tamil Nadu College Didn't Violate Poll Code: EC
- Lok-Sabha Elections: BJP re-nominates all 15 sitting MPs
- 79 expenditure observers appointed for LS elections in TN
- 110 NDRF personnel join to rescue people at the Dharwad building crash
- Promises: DMK party president releases its Manifesto