259 life saving drugs to become 40 pc cheaper
Eluru: At least 259 life saving drugs meant for the treatment of ailments like blood pressure, diabetes and...
Eluru: At least 259 life saving drugs meant for the treatment of ailments like blood pressure, diabetes and tuberculosis are set to become cheaper by 40 per cent during August this year as per the orders of the Directorate of Drug Control.
Disclosing this here on Thursday, Deputy Director of Drug Control department, West Godavari district L Govindam said as per the Central Government orders 75 life saving drugs are already available in the market at low costs. The drug manufactures will have to take into account excise duty and local taxes while deciding the prices for these life saving drugs, he said.
Consumers will get these drugs at 40 per cent less than the existing prices, he said. Dealers would have to sell these drugs at the government-decided prices and those who violate the rule would be punished under the Act, he warned.
- Vice President Naidu calls for concerted global action to eliminate terror
- Twenty-seven thousand youths lose their jobs every 24 hours: Rahul in Amethi
- Deve Gowda urges world community to come together to eliminate terrorism
- Cong, CPI(M) working together to make Modi PM again: Mamata
- Delhi HC defers hearing appeal filed by anti-Sikh riots convicts to May 20