Minister Thota joins Samaikyandhra stir
Minister’s wife Vani on indefinite fast Kakinada: Minister Thota Narsimham who pledged to...
Minister’s wife Vani on indefinite fast
Kakinada: Minister Thota Narsimham who pledged to achieve united AP while he was minister has now taken the path of agitation. He resigned from his Cabinet post three days ago and visited the relay hunger strike camps in the constituency. Then he led huge motorcycle rallies.
Following her husband, Thota Narasimham’s wife Vani took up indefinite hunger strike at local Banugudi Centre on Saturday. Many public representatives are visiting her hunger strike camp and expressing solidarity. Ms Vani is the daughter of another former minister Metla Satyanarayana Rao who is a senior Telugu Desam leader. However, the key role being played by Ms Vani is getting support from all quarters irrespective of party affiliations. Already, her brother and TDP leader Metla Ramanababu joined her at the camp. Several prominent persons from Konaseema are participating in the hunger strike.
Ms Vani, who has never been into politics before, had won as sarpanch from native Veeravaram recently. Now she took up the indefinite fast in earnest and the district political scenario has veered round her. Minister Thota is visiting all the hunger strike camps and stressing the need to intensify the stir. Arrangements are being made to make the bandh and other programmes a success on Monday.
- Playing politics on dead bodies: Farmer rejects Hardik's copter to land on his farm
- Stay away from Indian elections, we don't need your advice: Ram Madhav on Imran Khan
- Biopic on PM Modi a joke, comedy film should be made: Urmila Matondkar
- Not going to retire; will be by Rahul's side when he becomes PM: Gowda
- Used to hit me with belt day, night: Sadhvi breaks down recalling 'torture'