- Cong raises air pollution, hate speech issues in RS, says those who give such speeches should be barred from contesting polls
- S.Korea, Vietnam agree to boost cooperation on critical minerals
- Vaishnaw PM’s favourite for CM’s post in Rajasthan: Sources
- Four Killed, One Seriously Injured in Head-On Collision Between Tata Ace and Truck
- Decades long struggle for title deeds continues in Mahaveer Nagar slum
- Two burnt alive in freak mishap
- NIA attaches properties of 2 LeT terrorists for 2015 attack on BSF troopers in J&K
- Muslim traders debarred from doing business in Karnataka temple fair
- nurture.farm kickstarts its Sustainable Rice Program for Rabi'23, leading the transition to Sustainable Agriculture Practices
- YS Jagan to visit Cyclone affected areas Guduru and Bapatla tomorrow
Fasting CPI MLA vows to prove Sharmila's links with Rakshana Steels
Khammam: The hunger strike taken up by CPI MLA Kunamneni Sambasiva Rao near Bus Station here entered second day on Wednesday.A Addressing the media on...
Khammam: The hunger strike taken up by CPI MLA Kunamneni Sambasiva Rao near Bus Station here entered second day on Wednesday.A Addressing the media on the occasion, the MLA alleged that the State Government has been misleading the people of the region on establishing a steel plant at Bayyaram. The Government was not interested to set up a complete steel plant in Khammam district. It is mainly trying to supply iron ore to Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINS) so that the Visakha Steel Plant (VSP) gets the ore from Bayyaram mines without any hassles. ``Now the Government pretends to slightly change its stance and proposes to establish an iron ore purification plant in the first phase and a steel plant in the second phase. Somehow, the State Government wants to silence the people of the region by making hollow promises. It would find some lame excuse to avoid a steel plant in Khammam district,'' the CPI MLA flayed. He demanded establishment of iron ore purification plant and also steel plant in the first phase at Bayyaram or in Khammam without delaying the issue further. Or else, the State Government headed by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy would collapse due to agitations to be taken up by CPI and other Left parties in this regard, he cautioned. When the pressmen asked him about the YSRCP leader YS Sharmila's claim that she or her family had no links with Rakshana Steel Company, the MLA from Kothagudem asserted that he would prove links between the YSRCP leader (Sharmila) and her family with Rakshana Steel Company management. `If the business links between Rakshana Steel and Sharmila's family is proved, then the entire family members, including YS Jaganmohan Reddy, have to quit politics. Are they ready to take the challenge, he asked. The CPI, if needed, would depose before the CBI in this regard, he added.