- National Coffee Day
- Instagram beauties making their way to Bollywood
- Ongole: 80% of sudden deaths can be prevented: doctors
- PL Stock On Radar - HIND OIL EXP
- AP High Court asks Lokesh to co-operate with probe, directs CID to serve notices
- ChatGPT to offer real-time responses not restricted to September 2021
- Puttaparthi: Sathya Sai dist set to be tourism hub says Collector P Arun Babu
- The role of pH in skin health: How to support your skin’s natural barrier?
- Cabinet Meeting postponed due to health issues of CM KCR
- YS Jagan disburses YSR Vahana Mitra funds
Former Union Petroleum Minister Satya Prakash Malviya Passes Away
Former Union petroleum minister Satya Prakash Malaviya died at a private hospital in Delhi early Sunday He was 84
Allahabad (UP): Former Union petroleum minister Satya Prakash Malaviya died at a private hospital in Delhi early Sunday. He was 84.
Malaviya was suffering from prostate cancer. He died at 1 am on Sunday, his Public Relations Officer (PRO) V K Dikshit told PTI.
He is survived by a daughter. His wife had passed away four years ago.
Born at Malviyanagar in the city of Allahabad, the former Union minister was jailed for 18 months during Emergency.
Malaviya has served as the petroleum minister in the cabinet headed by former prime minister Chandra Shekhar.
He also served as environment minister in the Uttar Pradesh cabinet. He began his political career as a member of Praja Socialist Party. He later joined the Congress.
Dikshit said Malaviya's last rites will be performed at Allahabad at 11 am on Monday.