- Lebanon closes public offices in solidarity with Gaza
- Lokesh calls CM as ‘Jagan Mosapu Reddy’
- Prakash Raj arrives at Yashoda hospital to meet KCR
- Auto driver attacks married woman with acid in Vizag
- Bhatti terms BRS government tenure as rule of chaos
- Congress leader Karan Singh hails SC verdict on Article 370, says it gives stability
- Historic, constitutionally upholds Parliament's decision: PM Modi on SC verdict on Article 370
- Prez has power to issue notification declaring 'Article 370 ceases to exist': SC
- Article 370 verdict: SC refuses to accept petitioners' contention that Union can't take action having irreversible effect during Prez rule
- Sabarimala darshan getting tougher day-by-day; here is the best route to reach temple Sannidanam
Kondagattu bus mishap: EC paves way to disburse ex-gratia to victims
Finally, the Kondagattu bus tragedy victims will soon get the compensation announced by the state government as the EC cleared the way to disburse it
Finally, the Kondagattu bus tragedy victims will soon get the compensation announced by the state government as the EC cleared the way to disburse it.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) on Thursday granted permission for the state government to pay out the money to the victims as assured of. As the model code of conduct was in force, the state government sent the file for approval from the EC.
According to sources, the poll panel in a letter directed the government to give the compensation directly to the family members of the deceased and injured people without any publicity.
Kondagattu bus tragedy was recorded in one of the worst bus tragedies in the country which claimed the lives of 62 people and injuring many people. The bus carrying nearly 100 people reportedly fell into a gorge while heading to Jagitial from Kondagattu hilltop when the accident occurred.
The Telangana government has promised to sanction Rs 5 lakh each to the kin of deceased and Rs 2.5 each to those injured in the accident. In addition to it, the TSRTC also announced a compensation of Rs 3 lakh for deceased families.