Puducherry to ban plastic from March 1
Puducherry government has imposed a ban on the sale and use of plastic products in the Union Territory from March 1
On March 23 last year, the Maharashtra govt had also issued a notification imposing ban on manufacture, use and sale of plastic materials.
Puducherry: Puducherry government has imposed a ban on the sale and use of plastic products in the Union Territory from March 1.
Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy made the announcement on Sunday.
"Puducherry government will impose a ban on plastic usage from March 1, 2019," Narayanasamy told media in Puducherry.
The decision has been taken to keep the environment clean, he added.
On March 23 last year, the Maharashtra government had issued a notification, imposing a ban on the manufacture, use, sale and distribution of all plastic materials like plastic bags, spoons, plates, bottles and thermocol items.
On April 13, the Bombay High Court had called the ban 'reasonable'.
- Two killed in Jammu and Kashmir landslide
- Jet airways suspends operations of 13 int'l routes over rentals non-payment
- Congress announces 35 more candidates for LS polls, Raj Babbar gets Fatehpur Sikri
- BJP releases 2nd list of candidates for upcoming Lok Sabha polls
- Peaceful atmosphere must, PM Modi tells Imran Khan