- Inter-state gang manufacturing counterfeit tablets held
- TSBIE grants 5-min grace period for IPE-2024 students
- Veterans and dependents to get cashless treatment
- Guntur: N Chandrababu Naidu public meeting at Dachepalli today
- Gold rates in Hyderabad surges today, check the rates on 02 March, 2024
- National meet on Phule’s Vision
- Chandrababu to visit Nellore today, to address a public meeting
- Visakhapatnam: Brahmin associations protest against Mahasena Rajesh
- Air Force plane hovers over Begumpet Airport amid tech glitch
- Cops bust fingerprint cloning racket; 2 GHMC sanitation supervisors held
Heavy rain leaves 55 dead in Tamil Nadu
Heavy rains in coastal parts of Tamil Nadu over the last few days have left around 55 people dead.
Chennai: Heavy rains in coastal parts of Tamil Nadu over the last few days have left around 55 people dead.
On Tuesday, there was a respite from rain in coastal parts of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry after a deep depression, which had intensified over the Bay of Bengal region, made a landfall near Puducherry.
Incessant rains and heavy winds have been battering the state for the last few days. Heavy rains inundated many areas in Chennai, throwing normal life out of gear.
Earlier, the Indian Metrological Department (IMD) had advised fishermen not to venture into sea along and off north Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and adjoining Pudukkottai and Ramanathapuram districts of south Tamil Nadu coasts.