Five people including 4 children killed in building collapse in Delhi's Ashok Vihar
One woman and four children were killed and at least seven injured after a threestorey building collapsed in northwest Delhis Ashok Vihar Wednesday, police said
One woman and four children were killed and at least seven injured after a three-storey building collapsed in northwest Delhi's Ashok Vihar Wednesday, police said.
The injured have been rushed to Deep Chand Bandhu Hospital, they said.
The deceased woman was identified as Munni. Two of the children were brothers, aged around 10 years, and one was a boy and another was his sister aged below five years.
Several people are still feared trapped under the debris and rescue teams are working at the spot, the police said.
A call about the incident was received at 9.25 am and six fire tenders were rushed to the spot near Sawan Park, an officer said.
Two teams of the NDRF have been mobilised for rescue operations, a NDRF spokesperson said.
A senior North Delhi Municipal Corporation official said the building was about 20 years old. Its structure was weak and in a deteriorated condition, the official added.
- Actor-politician Jaya Prada joins BJP
- Gadkari declares assets worth Rs 25.12 crore in election affidavit
- DMK leader Thendral Selvaraj's son summoned in Pollachi sex scandal
- After a much Amid discussion and drama, BJP announces Bengaluru South Seat for 28-year-Old Tejasvi Surya
- Here is how to change your address on Voter ID Card Online