- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
After defeat in quarter-finals, PV Sindhu exits China Open
On Friday Olympic silver medallist P V Sindhu yet again struggled to go past Chinas He Bingjiao and got exit from the China Open World Tour Super 750 This was Sindhus third loss to Bingjiao, who had defeated her at the Indonesia Open and French Open in the month of July and October this year
Fuzhou: On Friday Olympic silver medallist P V Sindhu yet again struggled to go past China's He Bingjiao and got exit from the China Open World Tour Super 750. This was Sindhu’s third loss to Bingjiao, who had defeated her at the Indonesia Open and French Open in the month of July and October this year.
Third-seeded Sindhu, who clinched three silver medals this season -- Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and World Championship lost to the eighth-seeded Chinese in the quarterfinal.
It was a very tough competition. Sindhu lost the first game 17-21 but she won the second 21-17 to level the match. Behind 15-17 in the deciding third game, she lost four straight points which ended up on the losing side.