- BRS MP Santosh thanks BCCI for the green initiative
- The magic of mirrors
- Eating junk food is linked to lower quality of deep sleep: study
- Beat The Heat! Beware and prepare for heat related illness
- NIA raids over Islamic terror funding 18 places searched Islamic terror outfits planned to assassinate Modi
- Shri Ummalaneni Raja Babu, Distinguished Scientist has been appointed as Director General, Missiles & Strategic Systems, DRDO
- Weather update: 15 mandals in the state to face heatwaves on Thursday and Friday
- Patanjali Foods consolidates on the Food and FMCG business in FY 2023
- Alexa can no longer speak like Amitabh Bachchan; All details
- Andhra Pradesh: ACB adjourns verdict on CID petition over on Chandrababu's residence the Friday
ICC Women's World T20: India defeat Ireland to enter the semi-final
Providence Guyana On Thursday, Indian spinners displayed yet another controlled performance to enter into the semifinal with a relaxed 52run victory against Ireland in the ICC Womens World T20
Providence (Guyana): On Thursday, Indian spinners displayed yet another controlled performance to enter into the semi-final with a relaxed 52-run victory against Ireland in the ICC Women's World T20.
After scoring 145 for 6 on a slow track, Indian spinners maintained a tight leash on Irish women limiting them to 93 for 8 in 20 overs.
Posting their third win in as many matches, India with six points were assured of a last-four spot along with Australia (6 points from 3 games) with New Zealand, Pakistan and Ireland already out even before their campaign could officially end.
India's tactic of packing off-side cordon and bowling wide of stumps, paid off as Ireland were never in the chase conceding as many as 65 dot balls (nearly 11 overs).
Indian spinners Radha Yadav (3/25), Deepti Sharma (2/15), Poonam Yadav (1/14) and skipper Harmanpreet Kaur (1/10) were economical as well picked wickets at regular intervals. Mithali Raj scored a half-century to ensure India put up a challenging score