Bhadradri witnesses Lord Rama's coronation
The coronation ceremony (Maha Pattabhishekam) of Lord Sriramachandra Swamy was held at the Bhadrachalam temple on Monday in the most pompous way.
Bhadrachalam: The coronation ceremony (Maha Pattabhishekam) of Lord Sriramachandra Swamy was held at the Bhadrachalam temple on Monday in the most pompous way. The rituals, which are unique to the ceremony, were witnessed by the lakhs of devotees.
For the Monday's ceremony, the festive deities were brought from the main temple to the Mithila Stadium amid Bhajans, Kolatam and Vedas. The priests conducted the Mahakumbha Teertha Prokshana, Viswaksena Puja and the coronation rituals in a traditional way.
Seer Ahobila Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamy, Vedic scholar G Krishnamacharyulu and main priest of the temple KE Sthala Sai explained the devotees the significance of the coronation ceremony. Before the start of the programme, the priests conducted a special puja in the main temple.
Meanwhile, Governor ESL Narasimhan and the first lady of the State, Vimala Narsimhan, attended the programme and presented silk clothes to the deities.
District Collector Rajat Kumar Saini, SP Sunil Dutt, Project Officer of Integrated Tribal Development Authority VP Gowtham and other officials attended the programme.
- Arvind Kejriwal to release AAP's manifesto tomorrow
- 'Darkness will prevail, if Modi not get votes': Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Cheating case: Court to hear plea to cancel ex-SC staffer's bail on May 23
- 10 Pakistan-based militants who misused cross-LoC trade identified
- CPI appeals to Tejashwi Yadav to make the RJD candidate retire from contest in Begusarai