- Telangana Assembly Election 2023 LIVE UPDATES
- Welfare regime can't be defeated Minister Ambati Rambabu
- Economists see India’s GDP growth slowing in second half of FY24
- Delhi High Court displeased over trail construction in Central Ridge, warns against treating it as 'personal fiefdom'
- Trinamool MLAs face Speaker's ire for absence during question hour
- Female actors demand to drop Goa minister from Cabinet for 'insulting' women
- Narayana Murthy bats for more English-medium schools; stresses on quick decisions to compete with China
- Delhi govt notifies Delhi Motor Vehicle Aggregator and Delivery Service Provider Scheme
- Gurugram Police arrest criminal carrying Rs 1 lakh reward
- APC elect new Asian Paralympic Committee Board at 2023 General Assembly
Man hangs self over harassment of online loan agents
In a sad incident, a young man died by suicide at his house in Nizampet in Bachupally late on Monday.
Hyderabad: In a sad incident, a young man died by suicide at his house in Nizampet in Bachupally late on Monday. It is reported that the man took step facing harassment allegedly from online loan app agents.
The victim identified as Ch Rajesh Kumar (32), a private employee from Rajiv Gandhi Nagar, is reported to have borrowed money from a loan app and repaid most part of it. According to his family members, the online loan app executives started harassing him by making abusive and threatening calls. Allegedly upset over this, he hanged himself to death in the house in the absence of his wife.
He left a note written on a board holding loan app executives responsible for his death. Based on a complaint, the Bachupally police booked a case and took up an investigation.
The police said they had not obtained any concrete evidence of harassment yet and that further details would be known only after examining his mobile phone, which was currently locked.