- Ready to fight Zuckerburg anywhere, anytime with any rules: Musk
- Nothing Unveils CMF Buds and Neckband Pro Under Rs 3,000
- RBI bars JM Financial from giving loans against shares, debentures
- KALKI Fashion expands its presence by opening its first store in Hyderabad with celebrity Kajal Aggarwal
- Nothing launches Phone (2a) with dual 50MP camera in India
- Gevra coal mine in Chhattisgarh poised to become largest in Asia
- Ross Taylor alleges forced retirement for New Zealand's Neil Wagner ahead of Australia Test series
- Nifty snaps four-day winning streak on account of profit booking
- Roche's new bispecific monoclonal antibody to treat vision loss in India
- Assault On Medical Student By Patient And Friend Sparks Outrage At Tamil Nadu's Vellore Hospital
Prices of mangoes skyrocket in city
The prices of mango are skyrocketing in the city and the common people are not able to afford to buy their favourite fruit this summer.
Rajamahendravaram: The prices of mango are skyrocketing in the city and the common people are not able to afford to buy their favourite fruit this summer. The prices of one paraka (13 pieces) Banginapalli small size are being sold at Rs 350 and big size for Rs 500.
Meanwhile, the price of one paraka (13 pieces) of Cherukurasam (juicy variety) small size was being sold at Rs 450 and big size for Rs 600. The price of Panchadarakalasa per paraka small size (13 pieces) was being sold for Rs 250 and the cost of big size Rs 300.
Due to the soaring prices, the people are reluctant to buy the fruit. A mango vendor M Kesava Rao has said that the prices of mangoes are skyrocketing due to fewer yields this year and the prices also increased to some extent. Though the prices are high the profit margin was very less.
But, the people are thinking that the mango vendors are getting huge profits. Standing from morning to evening to sell the fruits in the scorching heat is not an easy task, he added.