- Household debt doubles in FY23, savings more than halves to 5.15 pc of GDP
- Football coach gets 20 years RI for raping girl of his own team
- Yediyurappa attacks Congress govt on Cauvery issue, says its understanding with ally DMK led to 'today's situation'
- Bengal school job case: ED submits name of Tollywood actor as beneficiary at Calcutta HC
- Naveen expels MLAs Soumya, Sudhansu from BJD
- Kejriwal bungalow renovation row: HC allows PWD officials to raise grievance with CAT
- HC asks BBMP to clear beggary cess dues in four months
- DGCA suspends Air India's Flight Safety Chief Rajeev Gupta for one month for certain lapses
- Karnataka CM, Dy CM meet Jal Shakti Minister, inform inability to release Cauvery water to TN
- After this World Cup, we will be talking about Shubman Gill more often, says Raina
DD highest-watched channel during lockdown
Getting back classic programmes like Ramayan to keep locked down people entertained has catapulted Doordarshan (DD) to be the highest watched channel in India for week ended April 3, BARC said on Thursday.
New Delhi: Getting back classic programmes like Ramayan to keep locked down people entertained has catapulted Doordarshan (DD) to be the highest watched channel in India for week ended April 3, BARC said on Thursday.
The national broadcaster could achieve the feat, which involves a nearly 40,000 per cent jump in viewership in the evening and morning bands, despite a surge reported by the private broadcasters who are also experiencing higher viewership, the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) said.
Starting with the Hindu mythology series Ramayan, DD has got back other classics like Mahabharat, Shaktiman and Buniyaad to serve the audiences during the three-week lockdown.
Most of these were produced when DD monopolised TV broadcasting in the country.
BARC attributed the telecast of Ramayan and Mahabharat for DD's emergence to the top, while the other programmes also helped improve its position in select time slots.