- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Congress leaders condemn arrests of Rahul, Priyanka
As the video clip about former Congress president Rahul Gandhi falling into a street side bush on the Yamuna Expressway on the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh border went viral, Karnataka Congress leaders took to Twitter on Thursday to condemn the attack and detention of Rahul and Priyanka.
Bengaluru: As the video clip about former Congress president Rahul Gandhi falling into a street side bush on the Yamuna Expressway on the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh border went viral, Karnataka Congress leaders took to Twitter on Thursday to condemn the attack and detention of Rahul and Priyanka.
Karnataka Leader of Opposition, Siddaramaiah said, "I condemn the attack on Shri. @RahulGandhi in Uttar Pradesh".
In a tongue and cheek remark, Siddaramaiah said that a wise man once said, 'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.' And tagged to @narendramodi and @myogiadityanath, have proved that they draw inspiration from violence.
He asserted that he strongly condemned the arrest of Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra in Uttar Pradesh.
"@myogiadityanath, will have to pay a price for his high handedness," he said on Twitter.
KPCC president DK Shiva Kumar also condemned the attack and questioned Prime Minister Narendra Modi - "Why is the PM not speaking about Beti Bachao now?" he questioned angrily.
"Under what law has he (Rahul) been detained? Why are he and Priyanka Gandhi not being allowed to meet the victim's family?" Shivakumar asked.