- Heart attacks associated with faster cognitive decline over years: Study
- Khap Delegation To Meet With President Murmu To Demand Justice For The Protesting Wrestlers
- Rajini’s Jailer wraps up its shoot
- ChatGPT maker OpenAI nears record 1bn unique users monthly: Report
- Rajnikanth to lock horns with Arjun Sarja in Lokesh Kangaraj’s film
- ‘Nikhil 20’ next gets a powerful title
- Nikhil's Latest Movie Swayambhu First Look Out
- Franco Mulakkal Resigns As Jalandhar Bishop
- Telangana Formation Day: TSRTC announces DA to employees, to disburse with June salary
- YS Viveka murder case: YS Bhaskar Reddy moves CBI court for bail
TN CM announces a probe into Karunanidhi's death, says Stalin to be under house arrest
If Karunanidhi was given good treatment, MK Stalin would not become the president of DMK,' Palaniswami said
Chennai: Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on Monday announced that his government is ready to probe the death of former DMK chief M Karunanidhi while accusing his son MK Stalin of keeping him under house arrest for two years.
"Tamil Nadu government will probe M Karunanidhi's death. I got the information from senior most DMK leaders, DMK officials, and a complaint that Karunanidhi was unable to speak for two years. Why he was unable to speak? If he were given good treatment, MK Stalin would not become the president of DMK. That's why he was kept as a prisoner for two years at home by MK Stalin," he said.
"Stalin purposefully, with selfish motives, didn't take him for better treatment. In order to become the DMK president, Stalin has made his father a house prisoner. But as long as he was under house arrest, Karunanidhi didn't announce that Stalin is the president of the party," added Palaniswami.
Karunanidhi, who was Tamil Nadu's longest-serving chief minister, breathed his last in August last year at the age of 94 after a period of prolonged illness.