Mere yaar ki shaadi hai!
Pair jackets with exaggerated palazzos and try monotone hues of pink, turquoise, teal and mint green to make a style statement at your best friend\'s wedding, says an expert.
Pair jackets with exaggerated palazzos and try monotone hues of pink, turquoise, teal and mint green to make a style statement at your best friend's wedding, says an expert.
Sidhika Gupta, Fashion Head, Roposo, has shared a few tips on styling for the wedding season:
* Minimalism: If you don't like heavy dressing, then this trend is absolutely for you. Go for tasteful elegance in place of an ostentatious display.
Off-shoulder floral maxi-dress, chevron printed lehenga or a classic georgette sari can put you right under the spotlight.
* Extended choli: The choli is extended further with net or lace attached to it, falling either high and low or straight onto the lehenga. Unique crystal placements and mirrors will make you stand out.
The extensions that flow beneath the actual choli add length, grace and volume to both the attire and your style.
* Contemporary chic: Try capes, dhoti-pants, shararas, palazzos, and crop-tops -- the drapes and silhouettes are endless.
* Jacket style: Jackets have become a versatile fashion statement that can be modified in many different ways. You could pair it with a lehenga-choli or team it up with an exaggerated palazzo.
The jacket in zardosi, embroidery, or intricate velvet is the one-stop solution for fashionistas. Pick an opaque masterpiece in silk-brocade or go for a layered chiffon delicate. Fitted, flowing, flared, short, long, sheer, open or closed - doesn't matter how you style your jacket because it's all good.
* Neutral and monotone: An impeccable section of colour can do as much to your outfit as a designer does. Choose from the neutral palette, or go monotone in blush, turquoise, teal or mint green, the vibrant colours will seamlessly up your game.
To go a step further you could go obmre. Ombre has taken over the latest hair colour, nail paint and even lipstick trends. Ombre lehengas are surely the next step.