- India to host SCO summit on July 4, to be chaired by Modi
- Hyderabad: 6 held in Hyderabad for exhibiting exotic animals at pub
- APFSL to start 'First Day First Show' concept to watch movies on release day
- Karnataka government hikes DA for employees
- Hyderabad: Massive fire breaks out from timber depot at LB Nagar
- APSEZ Achieves Top Results for FY 2023, Anticipates Strong Growth Ahead - Karan Adani
- Eatala will also join Congress to defeat CM KCR: Jupally Krishna Rao
- KTR wonders why PM & HM are not bothered about wrestlers’ plight
- Telangana Congress slams Modi government’s 9 year long rule
- Khaap leaders take medals away from wrestlers, agitation to continue
Balayya at it again!
Actor-Legislator Nandamuri Balakrishna is no stranger to controversies. He has just sparked-off another, one that may not be taken in good spirit by his fraternity.
Actor-Legislator Nandamuri Balakrishna is no stranger to controversies. He has just sparked-off another, one that may not be taken in good spirit by his fraternity. Speaking at the soundtrack launch of Nara Rohith-starrer ‘Savitri’ in Hyderabad recently, the Hindupur MLA said that no actor can essay all kinds of characters.
“I can confine myself to portraying only certain characters. Can I chase girls in films? No, I can’t because my fans will not tolerate it. Either I should kiss them or should make them pregnant,” said Balayya. Well, this is not the first instance where Balayya courted a controversy with such ‘off-the-cuff’ statements.
Recently when journalists wanted to know if he would invite actor-politician Chiranjeevi for Lepakshi Utsavalu, which he conducted successfully in Hindupur, he shot back, saying, “I am calling only those from the industry who I find are necessary. I won’t entertain anyone by keeping them on my head.”
Even during the recent GHMC elections, when the waiting media wanted to take his bite after he had exercise his franchise, he commented, “What’s this chaos. Should I f*** off.” While Balayya might have uttered about pregnancy to keep the attendance in good spirits, one hopes he does not forget that he is presently also a people’s representative.