Protesters on boil, target oil terminals
Indicating that even private establishments need to fall in line, activists of East Godavari district Samaikyandhra Joint Action Committee (JAC) disrupted the functioning of Reliance Gas Terminal here for the whole day on Friday through a series of protests.
Stir halts work at Reliance Gas
- Loss running into lakhs of rupees, says GM
- Activists plan to stall terminal work completely from Sept 16
Kakinada: Indicating that even private establishments need to fall in line, activists of East Godavari district Samaikyandhra Joint Action Committee (JAC) disrupted the functioning of Reliance Gas Terminal here for the whole day on Friday through a series of protests.
Initially, the leaders of the JAC took out a huge motorcycle rally from Kakinada that culminated at Gadimoga. They raised slogans in favour of Samaikyandhra all through the journey, with several associations backing them. Upon reaching the terminal, the activists staged a protest along with the local people.
The company had made elaborate police bandobust, with cops tying a red ribbon to signify the sterile area of about 100 ft from the main gate. But the local people and the JAC leaders removed the ribbon and rushed towards the gate. However, alert cops prevented them from entering the complex. Some of the activists tried in vain to scale the compound wall.
The activists raised slogans in front of the gate for an hour. Later, the JAC representatives were called inside. They urged the Reliance Gas Terminal general manager Nagi Reddy to close down the establishment.
The GM consulted the management on phone and granted permission to stop work for the day. While talking to media persons, he mentioned that disruption in the functioning of the terminal even for a day would cause losses running into lakhs of rupees. However, the JAC representatives later expressed their resolve to stall the functioning of the terminal completely from September 16.
- General Elections 2019: 'Narendra Modi A Failed PM, Will Lose Elections', Says Rahul Gandhi
- Pleasant Morning In Delhi, Maximum Temperature Likely Around 34 Degrees
- High voter turnout in TN may throw up surprise
- Playing politics on dead bodies: Farmer rejects Hardik's copter to land on his farm
- Stay away from Indian elections, we don't need your advice: Ram Madhav on Imran Khan