Resignations of Dharmana and Sabitha accepted
Deputy CM campaigning in Delhi for home portfolioA CM to visit Delhi on May 30 to discuss reshuffle ...
- Deputy CM campaigning in Delhi for home portfolioA
- CM to visit Delhi on May 30 to discuss reshuffle
Hyderabad : Governor ESL Narasimhan on Sunday accepted the resignations of Home Minister P Sabitha Indra Reddy and Roads and Building Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao. Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy will handle both the portfolios himself.
Both the Ministers were charge-sheeted in the disproportionate assets case of YSRCP President Jaganmohan Reddy. In the wake of increasing clamour for their resignations, they tendered their resignations over a week ago, as desired by the party high command.
The Chief Minister apparently wanted more time to decide on forwarding the resignations to the Governor. However, intense campaign by Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Raja Narasimha in New Delhi the Home Port folio precipitated the matters, he was forced to send the resignations to the Governor.
Narasimha called on AICC leader Ahmed Patel and a few other leaders and apprised them of the state of affairs in AP Congress. The AICC general Secretary, Ghulam Nabi Azad who was on an overseas trip is expected to return to Delhi on Monday. A The Chief Minister is expected to visit AICC headquarters in New Delhi on May 30 to take clearance from the leadership for effecting reshuffle of his Cabinet and also decide on the nominated posts.
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda
- Mission Admission 2019: Executive secretary of ComedK to interact with parents and students