- Pitru Paksha 2023: Why the festival lasts 16 days this year
- 3 scientists win Nobel Prize in physics for looking at electrons in atoms during split seconds
- Odisha to get world class cancer care, research innovation centre by Dec 2025
- Indian economy to grow at 6.3 pc in FY24: World Bank
- Markets fall on unabated foreign fund outflows; HDFC Bank, Reliance also drag
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- MUM Commodity Prices
- BJP demands judicial probe into Shivamogga violence
- Rupee falls 15 paise to close at 83.21 against US dollar
- Untested India look to keep focus intact against South Korea in men's hockey semifinal
Man files case in HC for including his name in criminal list
A man from Kalwakurthy mandal of Nagarkurnool district has filed petition in High Court for including his name in the comprehensive criminal survey list. Abudul Hafiz,
Nagarkurnool: A man from Kalwakurthy mandal of Nagarkurnool district has filed petition in High Court for including his name in the comprehensive criminal survey list. Abudul Hafiz, RTI activists from Kalwakurthy said that some year ago, the Kalwakurthy police had filed a case for a petty incident. However, he says he was only an accused at that time and as there was no proof against him and his case was struck off and he was acquitted.
But now again as part of the police department’s recent comprehensive criminal survey, the Station House Officer of Kalwakurthy had included his name in the list of past criminals and had called him to the station to give his details and whereabouts and other activities. “Long back a petty case was registered against me as an accused.
However I was acquitted and case was struck down. But again now the police are including my name in the list of past criminals. This is injustice and encroaching into my personal life by the police.
The police are not adhering to the guidelines give by the DGP and including the names of all those who are accused even in petty cases, but as per the DGP’s circular only history-sheeters, murderers and rapists who are convicted as per the law are called as criminals.
I have filed a petition in the court against the police action and I want my name to be deleted from the list of criminals,” said Abdul Hafiz.