- NCP Turmoil Continues: Ajit Pawar Faction Files Disqualification Petition Against Sharad Pawar Supporters
- Politicos should imbibe true spirit of science
- Vijayawada: YSRCP MLAs made provocative comments in House, alleges Atchanna
- AP legislative council sessions begin on second day, TDP raises concerns
- Police Encounter Claims Life Of Suspect In Brutal Attack On Woman Cop; Two Others Injured
- Vijayawada: TDP legislators denounce Naidu’s arrest, take out rally
- PM Modi Expresses Gratitude As Historic Women's Reservation Bill Passes Parliament
- Two dead several injured in a collision of a lorry and tourist bus in Annamayya
- Rangareddy: Library at Barkas set to turn a new page
- AIADMK And BJP Hint At Reconciliation Amidst Alliance Uncertainty
Civil services aspirant killed in road mishap
A Civil Services aspirant was killed in a road mishap late on Saturday night The deceased, identified as U Mahanth Kumar was riding the bike with his friend, Nikhil who was riding pillion
A Civil Services aspirant was killed in a road mishap late on Saturday night. The deceased, identified as U Mahanth Kumar was riding the bike with his friend, Nikhil who was riding pillion.
The incident took place near Lal Bungalow stretch when the bike rammed the road median. While Mahanth succumbed to death, Nikhil sustained head injuries in the mishap. 108 emergency services were called on Saturday midnight following which the accident victims were shifted to Gandhi General Hospital where the doctors declared Mahanth brought dead.
According to the police, the deceased resided at a hostel in Ameerpet and a native of West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh. He had recently appeared for the UPSC preliminary examination and was preparing for the mains. The police stated that over speeding led to the accident. However, they are probing whether Mahanth Kumar was driving under the influence of alcohol.
Police have registered a case of negligent driving causing death and have begun the investigation.