- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Highways closed due to heavy rains, hundreds grounded in Himachal Pradesh
On Monday, most of the roads in the interiors of Himachal Pradesh were closed to traffic after heavy overnight rains National Highway21 Chandigarh Manali has been closed for vehicles Similarly, Chandigarh Shimla National Highway5 was closed
SHIMLA: On Monday, most of the roads in the interiors of Himachal Pradesh were closed to traffic after heavy overnight rains. National Highway-21 Chandigarh-Manali has been closed for vehicles. Similarly, Chandigarh-Shimla National Highway-5 was closed.
Movement of the vehicles in Kinnaur district because a large stretch of the Hindustan-Tibet Road has been under landslides at several points. Five persons were buried under a landslide in Kandaghat, Solan district.
“The road network in the higher reaches of Kinnaur, Shimla, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu and Sirmaur districts was the worst affected and efforts were being made to reopen it,” said an official.
All the schools and educational institute’s in Shimla and Mandi districts have been closed. Moderate to heavy showers have occurred in most parts of the state since Sunday, according to the Met office. Highest rainfall in the state at 235mm in Nehru town in Mandi district. Heavy rainfall across the state till Tuesday predicts the weather office.