- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Cyclone warning issued in coastal AP; fishermen warned against venturing into sea
With the Meteorological Department issuing a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh, the fishermen have been advised against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours
With the Meteorological Department issuing a cyclone warning for the coastal districts in Andhra Pradesh, the fishermen have been advised against venturing into the sea for the next 24 hours.
As per the forecast, heavy rains are likely to occur in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, and Guntur districts.
A low-pressure belt is said to have formed in the Bay of Bengal which has now turned into a depression, resulting in heavy rains in the coastal regions. According to the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), strong surface winds from westerly direction are reaching 45-50 kmph gusting up to 55 kmph likely along and off coastal Andhra Pradesh.
Fishermen have been warned not to venture into the sea as the state of the sea is expected to be very rough along and off coastal Andhra Pradesh.
Even in Telangana, the IMD forecasted heavy rainfall for the next 24 hours particularly in Adilabad, Mancherial, Jagitial, Rajanna Sircilla, Karimnagar, Warangal, Khammam, Nirmal and other adjoining districts.