- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8K restaurant owners
- People return to Bengaluru from long weekend: full traffic jam in the city
- RSS man heading Congress in Telangana: KTR
- ‘Jitni abadi, utna haq’: It will eventually culminate into majoritarianism, says Singhvi
- Following are foreign exchange rates on october-03-2023
- Asian Games: Atanu, Dhiraj lose in shoot-offs in recurve archery quarterfinals
- Live Update: PM Modi to arrive soon to Nizamabad
- Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale: Buy iPhone 12 for Rs 32,999
- Close shave for passengers as bus hangs on bridge over Mahanadi
- Nara Lokesh's CID inquiry in IRR case postponed to October 10
Record power consumption in Telangana by agriculture sector
The consumption of power in Telangana touched 10,598 MW on Friday morning by the agriculture sector, according to statediscoms
The consumption of power in Telangana touched 10,598 MW on Friday morning by the agriculture sector, according to state discoms.
The officials said that the reason for the rise in the power demand is due to low rainfall across the state which has met one-third of the total demand. As the cultivation of paddy is in full swing, the need for water also increased which in turn needs more power.
The discoms further said that the demand met 10,429 on July 31 and expected that it would soon touch a new high. "We were prepared for the demand from last few months and have teamed up with other power utilities for short-term to the meet the demand," said the power utility officials.
According to D. Prabhakar Rao, Chairman and Managing Director of Telangana State Genco and Telangana State Transco, the power demand will increase to 11,000 MW by the end of this month if the dry spell continues.