- 20 more UP colleges being probed for scholarship scam
- Andhra Pradesh: Devotees rush increases to Tirumala, to take 24 hours for Sarvadarshans
- Pareshan Twitter Review
- Young heroes to have a clash at Tollywood box-office on June 2
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 02 June 2023
- Telangana Formation Day Live Updates: KTR hoisting flag at his camp office in Sircilla
- Gold and silver rates today slashes in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 02 June 2023
- Weather update: 302 mandals in AP to witness severe heatwaves in next three days
- Govt has its task cut out-an arduous one, indeed!
- Free bus travel for women: Transport dept inflow to be dented by more than half
Modi ‘betrayed’ people on promises of jobs, ‘depositing’ ₹15 lakh in accounts: Rahul Gandhi
Congress chief Rahul Gandhi said on Saturday that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has betrayed the people, claiming that he had not fulfilled promises of providing two crore jobs every year and depositing 15 lakh in their bank accounts
Congress chief Rahul Gandhi said on Saturday that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has betrayed the people, claiming that he had not fulfilled promises of providing two crore jobs every year and “depositing” ₹15 lakh in their bank accounts.
The Congress chief was addressing a rally at Sagar in Madhya Pradesh, where Assembly Polls will be held on November 28.
“Modiji has betrayed the people on the issue of providing jobs to two crore people every year and depositing ₹15 lakh cash into their accounts by bringing (back) black money stashed abroad,” Mr. Gandhi said.
Mr. Modi, during the 2014 Lok Sabha election campaign, had prominently highlighted the issue of black money and had promised to bring it back. The “fear of losing the 2019 General Elections has created ‘hatred’ in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s mind against the Congress,” Mr. Gandhi said addressing another rally at Damoh later.
The Congress president said while Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan speaks with decency, Mr. Modi lacks it whenever he attacks the Congress and his family members.
“He (Modi) speaks with hatred about me and my family, but Shivraj (Singh Chouhan) uses decent language. Modi doesn’t know how to speak decently, but Rahul Gandhi will always maintain decency while speaking. Though Chouhan has indulged in corruption, whenever he says anything against us, he speaks with decency,” he said.