- AP Cabinet meeting concludes, here are the decisions
- Police In Kurukshetra Lathicharge On Farmers Who Were Protesting
- Investors in wait n watch mode ahead of RBI meet
- Home Minister Dr Parameshwara determined to erase communal tag on coastal areas
- Telangana: Youth congress national executive meetings begin in Hyderabad
- TDP manifesto creating tremors in YSRCP: Sunitha
- Union Minister Pravin Pawar releases BJP broucher in Vijayawada
- Visakhapatnam: Outreach activities organised at Eastern Naval Command
- Rajamahendravaram : Alumnus assures help in classroom construction in govt degree college
- Extension of suburban rail project to Mysore, Gauribidanur, Kolar soon: MB Patil
Saina, Prannoy in quarters
Bangkok (PTI): Defending champion Saina Nehwal, H S Prannoy and K Srikanth today reached the quarterfinals of the Thailand Grand Prix Gold badminton...
Bangkok (PTI): Defending champion Saina Nehwal, H S Prannoy and K Srikanth today reached the quarterfinals of the Thailand Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament here on Thursday. Top seed Saina thrashed Indonesia's Febby Angguni 21-12, 21-11 in just over half an hour to set up a clash with eighth seed Juan Gu of Singapore. Juan beat compatriot Xiaoyu Liang 21-13, 21-11 in another prequarterfinal match. In men's singles, Prannoy bounced from a game down to prevail over fellow Indian 10th seed Anand Pawar 19-21, 21-13, 21-15, while 13th seed K Srikanth defeated Hwang Jong Soo of Korea 21-19, 21-15 in another match. Febby was no match for Saina as the world number two Indian reeled off seven points to open up a huge 7-0 lead and then held her fort to pocket the game. In the second game, Febby took two points early on but Saina didn't give any chance to the Indonesian thereafter as she pocketed seven straight points to reach 11-3 and eventually seal the issue without much ado.