- Delhi High Court directs lower courts to allow parties, lawyers appear virtually
- New lung cancer pill cuts risk of death by half
- Telangana govt to provide maternity leave with pay for ASHAs
- Mamata cancels Darjeeling trip, to visit Odisha again on Tuesday
- NIRF Ranking: Five DU colleges figure in top 10
- Reliance Foundation announces 10-point relief measures for Odisha train accident victims
- Hyderabad beats Bengaluru in new office supply in FY23
- Doctors blame junk food for rising heart problems among school-going kids
- PLtechnicals Daily Morning Report
- Spotify lays off 200 employees in podcast division
Asian Champions Trophy: India, Pak joint winners of 2018
This year India and Pakistan have been declared as the joint winners of the Asian Hockey Champions Trophy as the rain played the spoilsport
This year India and Pakistan have been declared as the joint winners of the Asian Hockey Champions Trophy as the rain played the spoilsport.
The final was fortified due to heavy rain in Oman’s Muscat. This was the 176th meet up between India and Pakistan in the hockey game. In 175 meetings, India has won 62 times, while Pakistan won 82 matches
In the competition of the 2018 edition, it was the second time reunion for the teams. Earlier in the competition, India had defeated Pakistan 3-1 and successfully managed to maintain an unbeaten streak heading to the finale.
Whereas, Pakistan defeated Malaysia 3-1 in a penalty shootout before being held 4-4 in the semifinal clash on Saturday. Past 2018 edition, India and Pakistan had won the tournament twice each.
India's Harmanpreet Singh concluded the edition as the second-highest scorer with six goals to his credit.