- Edible oil brand Sunpure launches new campaign
- Devotees rush to Tirumala reduces slightly today, to take 18 hours for Sarvadarshans
- Gold and silver rates today stable in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 31 May 2023
- Andhra Pradesh: Parts of state likely to receive rains with lightning strikes
- All efforts on to nab Arikomban, says TN CM Stalin
- Vijayan’s eagerness for K-Rail is to pocket commission: Cong
- Eye on LS polls : AIADMK survey to shortlist candidates
- Ambitious project to make Kerala capital largest solar city in India
- Bengaluru: 14-yr-old Kriti Jain’s organs breathes new life into 9 people
- Karnataka High Court stays FIR against Ashwath Narayan
YSR Congress Party in Telangana assembly merges with TRS
Telangana Assembly Speaker Madhusudana Chary on Friday merged all three legislators of opposition YSR Congress Party with ruling the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS).
Hyderabad: Telangana Assembly Speaker Madhusudana Chary on Friday merged all three legislators of opposition YSR Congress Party with ruling the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS).
In a bulletin to this effect, the speaker said that all the members of YSR Congress legislature party had submitted a letter, stating that they have merged with TRS legislature party.
Taking action on their letter, the speaker allotted seats to them along with members of TRS Legislature Party.
The development came two days after one legislator and the lone member of parliament of YSR Congress in Telangana joined the TRS. Two legislators had already switched loyalties to the ruling party.
In March, the speaker had allowed 12 legislators of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) to merge with TRS legislature party.
With the two mergers, the strength of TRS in 120-member assembly has officially gone up to 81. The actual strength is 89 as eight legislators of the main opposition Congress have also crossed over.
The TRS had bagged 63 assembly seats in 2014 elections but since then legislators from various opposition parties have defected to the ruling party.