- Masculine Flower Baskets: Best Types For Every Occasion
- Ishan Kishan makes an unremarkable return to competitive cricket in DY Patil T20 Cup
- Hindu vote becomes a factor in US elections
- Jarange-Patil's fall from grace: Maha SIT to probe 7-month Maratha agitation
- PVL Season 3: Karnataka's Ashamat Ullah, a runaway finding home with volleyball
- 'K’taka Cong spent Rs 100 on publicity', LoP Ashoka slams state govt over conference on Constituion
- IND v ENG: McCullum pleads for more games for Bashir, Hartley with County Clubs
- Chandini Chowdary’sfirst look of cop drama-thriller ‘Yevam’ unveiled
- Tamil Nadu has given me unconditional love: PM Modi
- Healthtech startup Zeno Health raises $25 mnc
Amid COVID-19 pandemic: Paytm expands 'Postpaid' services to Kiranas & other internet apps; enhances credit limit up to Rs. 100,000
- Available for recharges & bill payments on Paytm, online payments on internet apps and also for buying home essentials from Kirana stores
- Introduces Paytm Postpaid Lite, Delight & Elite to offer unsecured loans
- Working with multiple NBFC partners to expand the offering
India's leading financial services firm Paytm has today announced a significant expansion of 'Paytm Postpaid' to a large set of payment use-cases. This service can now be availed to buy groceries, milk, and other home essentials from neighbourhood Kirana stores and also at popular retail destinations such as Reliance Fresh, Haldiram, Apollo Pharmacy, Croma, Shoppers Stop among others. Additionally, it has also been extended to various bill payments facilities available on Paytm, shopping on Paytm Mall, and online payments at internet apps such as Domino's, Tata Sky, Pepperfry, HungerBox, Patanjali, Spencer's among others. This service comes as a great relief to Paytm users during the ongoing lockdown, as the increased credit limit & a large set of use-cases will eliminate the need to withdraw cash for meeting monthly household expenses.
Paytm Postpaid is offered in partnership with two leading NBFCs with an instant credit line for various payments to Paytm app users. Seeing an increasing demand for consumer credit during the ongoing pandemic, the company has increased this credit limit up to Rs. 100,000 of monthly spends to enable payment for large items such as furniture and consumer electronics among others. Initially, select users will be shown a Postpaid icon in the Financial Services Section to avail Paytm Postpaid post completion of their online KYC with partner NBFC. The bill repayment can be done by the 7th of each month or earlier. Paytm Postpaid offers a passbook to analyze monthly spends to plan everyday expenses.
The company has introduced 3 variants of Postpaid viz. Lite, Delite and Elite which will be offered based on partner NBFC's assessment. While Postpaid Lite comes with limits up to Rs. 20,000 and a convenience charge which will be added to the monthly bill, the Delite and Elite offer credit limits from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 in monthly spends with no convenience charges. Postpaid Lite has been designed so that users without excellent credit score are also able to avail the convenience & benefits of this service. However, there is no cost associated with activating & keeping Paytm Postpaid or any of its variants.
Amit Nayyar, President at Paytm said, "Paytm Postpaid is our mission to provide access to credit to every Paytm user. During this ongoing pandemic, it becomes more important for us to stand by fellow Indians and give them the power to buy on credit when required. We are excited to expand this service for payments at kirana and online stores that play an important role in the whole neighbourhood and online shopping experience. We will keep expanding the offering to include more and more Paytm users."