- Rehabilitation and Empowerment Centre for differently-abled people launched
- 3rd Mahamastakabhisheka of the century at Venur
- CM Revanth holds meeting with Japan company over expansion of metros in city
- KCR, KTR and Harish Rao expresses grief over Lasya Nandita’s death
- Telangana govt to implement ‘Griha Jyoti’ from Feb 27th!!!
- Thiruvananthapuram-Kasargod Express to include stop at Mangaluru
- BBMP property tax amendment bill passed in Council
- Mysuru civic workers demand improvement in breakfast quality
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker Manohar Joshi Passes Away
- Chinese boat in Indian waters
Body of woman wrapped in plastic cover found in Hyderabad lake
Body of a middle-aged woman wrapped in a plastic cover was found in Sunnam Cheruvu lake at Borabanda here in Hyderabad.
According to the inspector Chandrasekhar Reddy, locals found a body floating in the water and alerted the police. The body was retrieved from the lake and found it as a woman. The police said that the woman's limbs were tied with a cloth and the body was wrapped in a plastic cover. "She could have been murdered," said the police registering a case.
The police also found an 'S'-lettered tattoo on her right hand. Based on the tattoo, the police are trying to learn her details. The police also asked local residents to approach Sanathnagar police to confirm her identity. An investigation is underway.
In a similar case, the body of a 30-year-old woman was stuffed in a gunny bag and dumped outside Dabirpura railway station in Hyderabad. Based on a missing complaint filed two days before the incident, the police identified the woman is a resident of Koti.