The Royal Recipe For Victoria Sponge Cake
Victoria Sponge Cake… This cake is a special one as it is named after Queen Victoria.
Victoria Sponge Cake… This cake is a special one as it is named after Queen Victoria. Going with the history, this special sponge cake is frequently made at the Palace as Queen would regularly munch it along with her tea in the afternoon sessions.
As every year Garden Parties would be held across The Royal Residences… Thus, the Royal Pastry chefs have started sharing the recipes of their dishes for all the Royal fans.
Adding the #RoyalBakes hashtag to their recipes, the chefs are doling out the complete recipes through the official Instagram page of Royal Family…
Today they have come up with the 'Sponge Cake' recipe and doled out the complete process this yummy dessert… So, we Hans India have listed it for our readers… Have a look!
Sponge Cake Ingredients:
• 3 eggs
• 150g caster sugar
• 150g unsalted butter
• 150g sieved self-raising flour
• 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
• 100g jam (strawberry or raspberry)
Butter Cream Ingredients:
• 150g softened unsalted butter
• 220g sieved icing sugar
• 1/3 vanilla pod or vanilla essence
• First, you need to preheat the oven @ 180C for a few minutes and grease an 8-inch cake tin and set it aside.
• Now, you need to prepare the cream by beating castor sugar, vanilla essence and unsalted butter. Beat it until it turns light and fluffy and spoon it out.
• Coming to the cake batter, take a bowl and add eggs… Beat them properly to avoid curdling.
• Add flour to another bowl and fold it properly adding egg concoction in intervals. Fold into a soft cake butter and see to that there are no lumps formed.
• Next, transfer the cake mix to the greased tray and tap it to avoid air bubbles. Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes @ 180C.
• Next, remove the tray and unmould the cake… Garnish it with the cream and enjoy the homemade 'Sponge Cake'…