12-year-old electrocuted while flying kite in Hyderabad, dies

12-year-old electrocuted while flying kite in Hyderabad, dies
x

A 12-year-old boy died of electrocution while flying a kite here under Neredmet police station limits on Saturday.

Highlights

A 12-year-old boy died of electrocution while flying a kite here under Neredmet police station limits on Saturday.

A 12-year-old boy died of electrocution while flying a kite here under Neredmet police station limits on Saturday.

Getting into details, the victim, Keerthan is the son of Kumar, a resident of Sai Nagar. He has a son and a daughter. On Saturday, Keerthan told his father he was going on the terrace to fly kite. The boy's younger sister also accompanied him. The kite was stuck in between the high-tension wires and Keerthan tried to get it following which he came in contact with the live wires and collapsed.

Locals noticed the incident and rushed the boy to a nearby hospital where the doctors declared him brought dead. The family of the deceased alleged that the electric lines are much closer to their homes causing a risk to the lives of people. Based on the complaint of the boy's father, the police registered a case and launched a probe.

In a similar case, two children, aged about 13 and 11 years, suffered burns when they came in contact with a high-tension wire while trying to disentangle a stuck kite in outer Delhi's Nihal Vihar.

The 13-year-old boy suffered 92 per cent burns and the other boy sustained eight per cent burns and is undergoing treatment at the same hospital.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Interested in blogging for thehansindia.com? We will be happy to have you on board as a blogger.
Next Story
More Stories