- Howlers in Agnipath INC writes to President of India to rectify
- PM Modi lays foundation of 21 Amrit Bharat Railway stations in Odisha
- India’s coal imports for power plants fall by 37% as self-reliance grows
- PM Modi's tribute to Veer Savarkar in his own handwriting goes viral
- Couple's fight over momos reaches family counselling centre
- SJVN to supply 300 MW solar power to J&K from Rajasthan unit
- Govt ropes in IIT Delhi to pick locations for new industrial smart cities
- RBI fines SBI, Canara Bank for breach of rules
- Rameshwaram fishers to meet CM Stalin on regular arrests by Lankan Navy
- SK Telecom, global telcos to form AI language model joint venture
22-kg silver jewellery, Rs 11-lakh cash seized
Twenty-two kg of silver jewellery and cash of over Rs 11 lakh were seized in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district, police said Tuesday.
Muzaffarnagar (UP):Twenty-two kg of silver jewellery and cash of over Rs 11 lakh were seized in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district, police said Tuesday.
During a checking, a car was intercepted on the Delhi-Dehradun national highway near Bhangela checkpost in Khatauli area on Tuesday, sub-divisional magistrate I K Dwivedi said.
Around 22 kg of silver jewellery, which was being carried from Roorkee to Meerut, was seized. A person named Abhishek Verma is being questioned, the official added.
In another incident, unaccounted cash of Rs 11 lakh was seized from two cars, the police added.