- Did Chandrababu commit mistake by working for welfare of AP, asks Bhuvaneswari
- Libya floods: Chief prosecutor jails 8 govt officials for deadly collapse of dams
- Average F&O traders less likely to be keen on evening session on NSE
- BJP's agenda is 'wait for your rights but vote for us now': AICC spokesperson
- Asian Games: Indian men's hockey team looks to improve PC conversion rate against Singapore
- Regional parties need to unite for good of country, says Sukhbir Badal at INLD rally in Haryana
- Centre extends time period for stock limits on tur, urad by two months till Dec 31
- AIADMK severs ties with BJP-led NDA alliance, to lead separate front in '24
- AIADMK severs ties with BJP-led NDA alliance
- Google to shut Basic HTML version of Gmail in Jan 2024
Zero bill for 100 units of electricity in Raj: Gehlot
Gehlot also announces a waiver of permanent fee, fuel surcharge and other fees on consumers using up to 200 units of electricity
Jaipur: Ahead of the Assembly election later this year, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced 100 units of free electricity per month to all power subscribers -- domestic or commercial.
He also announced a waiver of permanent fee, fuel surcharge and other fees on consumers using up to 200 units of electricity.
No consumer will get any bill for the first 100 units of electricity consumed. Gehlot made this announcement late Wednesday night.
With this announcement, subscribers with 100 units will have to pay nothing as power bill while those with 200 units will have to pay Rs 503 instead of present amount of Rs 1610. While on 100 units, the subsidy is Rs 832 and subsidy over 200 units is Rs 1,107.
The Chief Minister in his late night tweet said, “After observing inflation relief camps and talking to the public, there was a feedback that there should be a slight change in the slab-wise exemption in electricity
bills. Feedback was also received from the public regarding the fuel surcharge in the electricity bills in the month of May, on the basis of which a big decision has been taken.
“The electricity bill of those who consume electricity up to 100 units per month will be zero. They will not have to pay any bill in advance. - The first 100 units of electricity will be given free of cost to the families who consume more than 100 units per month, that is, no matter how much the bill comes, they will not have to pay any electricity charges for the first 100 units. Keeping in mind especially the middle class people, consumers who consume electricity up to 200 units per month, first 100 units of electricity will be free, along with fixed charges up to 200 units, fuel surcharge and all other charges will be waived and will be paid by the state government,” he said.