- CM KCR appoints SC, ST panel chief, members
- Vakulabharanam receives TANA’s Mahatma Jyothibha Phule award
- KCR to appoint in-charges for all Assembly segments soon
- Tirupati: Sri Ramachandra Hosp to provide healthcare services in Sri City
- NEET PG cut-off reduced to zero
- Rajamahendravaram: Awareness run on AIDS organised
- Vijayawada: Insurance coverage increased for APSRTC employees
- Linking Aadhaar with electoral rolls not mandatory, EC tells SC
- Vijayawada: Government sanctions Rs 30 cr for sports infrastructure development
- Boeing eyes for more orders of warfare aircraft
10% quota a political trick: CPI
CPI State Secretary K Ramakrishna has denounced Prime Minister Narendra Modi for introducing 10 per cent reservations for upper castes with the political ploy of wooing the upper castes to vote in toto for him
Anantapur: CPI State Secretary K Ramakrishna has denounced Prime Minister Narendra Modi for introducing 10 per cent reservations for upper castes with the political ploy of wooing the upper castes to vote in toto for him.
Addressing the media here on Friday, Ramakrishna said that the defeat of BJP in the recent Assembly elections prompted him to indulge in political tricks. He found fault with the Prime Minister fixing Rs 8 lakh as the income limit for benefiting from reservation. He said that in Narendra Modi's view anyone who is earning Rs 65,000 salary per month is eligible for the reservation.
By doing so, he has given a new definition to poverty. The CPI leader said that the ouster of CBI chief Alok Verma by the Centre within a span of 24 hours of reinstating him is an indication that the government has no regard for the Supreme Court.