- Hyderabad: K Chandrashekhar Rao targets bigwigs of Congress, BJP
- Chandigarh: Aam Aadmi Party to go it alone in 2024 Haryana Assembly polls
- AP CID begins questioning Chandrababu at Rajahmundry jail in Skill Development case
- 39th Raising Day celebrated
- Vinay, CP explore ways to resolve traffic woes
- Amit Shah to visit Mumbai on Saturday, will deliver lecture at MU
- Business group renovates dilapidated govt school
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 23 September, 2023
- Nandini adjudged best athlete
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today slashes, check the rates on 23 September, 2023
Kangana says Manikarnika The Queen of Jhansi will silence critics
Actress Kangana Ranaut, who is gearing up for the release of her forthcoming film Manikarnika The Queen of Jhansi, says that people who criticise her at the drop of a hat will have to shut their mouths after watching the film
Actress Kangana Ranaut, who is gearing up for the release of her forthcoming film ‘Manikarnika - The Queen of Jhansi’, says that people who criticise her at the drop of a hat will have to shut their mouths after watching the film. Kangana was interacting with the media on the sidelines of her fashion designer friend Neeta Lulla's Christmas celebration party along with Ankita Lokhande in Mumbai on Tuesday. Talking about her critics, Kangana said, "I feel people who are not saying good things about me or my film will have to shut their mouths after watching the film and people who are saying good things, their mouths can't be shut by anyone, this is what I feel."
Kangana has turned director for the forthcoming film apart from playing titular role. The trailer of ‘Manikarnika - The Queen of Jhansi’ has been receiving overwhelming response from the audiences since its release. Sharing her feeling about this positive response, Kangana said, "I feel that's the result of a team work. Initially, I found it difficult but then, I felt that I can do justice to the film as an actor and as a director." "I think God has been kind and I am happy doing both roles. We are very excited for the release of the film. We just can't wait to present the film in front of the audience." K V Vijayendra Prasad, who has written for blockbuster films like ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ and the ‘Baahubali’ series, has scripted ‘Manikarnika - The Queen of Jhansi’.
Asked about the support that she got from writers of the film, she said: "Writers have supported me really well during the film. Vijayendra Prasad is writing my next film as well." Asked about the genre of her next film, she said: "It's a love story but not with a human." Kangana has worked with Anand L Rai's in two successful films ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ and ‘Tanu Weds Manu: Returns’. So, did she watch ‘Zero,’ starring Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif ? In reply, she said, "I wish them all the best with their film's release. I am very busy with work related to ‘Manikarnika - The Queen of Jhansi' so, I didn't have the time to watch the film but I will definitely watch it very soon."