- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Hyderabad: NRI held for cheating woman on promise of marriage
A Dubai based NRI was arrested on Thursday by the Malkajgiri police for cheating a woman on the promise of marrying herThe police caught hold of him at Shamshabad airport based on the complaint by the woman lodged six months ago
A Dubai based NRI was arrested on Thursday by the Malkajgiri police for cheating a woman on the promise of marrying her.
The police caught hold of him at Shamshabad airport based on the complaint by the woman lodged six months ago.
According to the police, the accused Safdar Abbas Zaidi of Darulshifa and the victim were in a relationship for sometime when they both worked in the same firm at Somajiguda.
He later sexually assaulted her on the promise of marriage and left to Dubai on work in 2014. The victim too followed him to the city and got converted to his religion abroad.
The duo later returned to Hyderabad and convinced their parents for marriage which was scheduled to take place in the month of April this year. But the accused parents cancelled the wedding in December asking her to change the name in a legal document at Haj House to avoid issues at immigration.
Abbas and the victim then went back to Dubai where he refused to marry her.
A complaint was lodged with Malkajgiri police against the accused in February by the woman who returned back to the country.